Your Step-By-Step Guide To Double Cleansing
Korean Beauty is all about pampering and taking good care of yourself so this is definitely one trend we can get behind.
Cleansing trends have come and gone over the years, those of us of a certain age will remember scrubbing our make up off with nothing but cheap soap and a harsh flannel, these were definitely not the good old days as far as skincare was concerned.
Of course there is the long-standing cleanse, tone and moisturise routine - a gold star to you, my friend if you achieved this holy grail of skincare routine during your teens or twenties!
Scientific advancements in skincare during the 90s brought improved anti-ageing and acne treating products, organic skincare and cruelty-free alternatives to mainstream offerings became more commonplace. Bath time suddenly became glorious, multi-coloured fun courtesy of a small mail order company called Lush, who sold a small range of natural shampoo bars and organic cleansers.
Despite previous advancements and tech-forward gadgets like the cleansing brush, the naughties and 10s saw burnt out consumers, spared two minutes of their day by a 2-in-1 wipe, unaware of the disastrous toll their cleansing convenience was taking on the planet, and indeed on their own skin.
Now, as 2020 approaches and we are fully embracing self-care routines and making conscious efforts to live more sustainable lives: enter the latest skincare trend that is certainly here to stay, Double Cleansing.
Double Cleansing is a multi-cleansing system originating from the hugely popular K-Beauty cleansing routine which can be traced back to 14th Century Asia. Korean Beauty is all about pampering and taking good care of yourself so this is definitely one trend we can get behind but there are some serious benefits for your skin too.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Typically a cleansing oil, cream or micellar water is applied to a dry face which lifts and dissolves the day’s make-up, sweat and pollutants. Secondly a foaming cleanser is massaged onto the face which provides a deeper clean, removing dead cells and ingrained dirt, providing a fresh, clean canvas as a base for your daily skincare routine.
THE BAIE BOTANIQUE DOUBLE CLEANSE
Sophie's Top Tip
"Apply your cream cleanser a minute or two before getting into the shower to give it time to work before washing it off"
- Many Double Cleanse devotees use a separate oil based cleanser or micellar water on the eye area initially to break down heavy eye make-up, we suggest using a re-usuable cotton pad for this. If you’re not a big waterproof make up wearer or find you don’t need it, move straight on to the next step.
- Apply a couple of pumps of Enzyme cleanser to your cotton pad and place on the eye, hold in place for a few seconds to allow the cleanser to break down your make up, then wipe the pad away to the side. Turn the pad over, wipe away any excess cleanser and repeat as required.
- Massage a generous amount of Rose and Cupuaçu Enzyme Cleanser on to a dry face and neck, up over the chin, cheeks, nose and forehead add a little water and massage further. The pomegranate enzymes act as a natural exfoliant at this stage so to take full advantage of this, leave the cleanser on the skin for a minute for the enzymes to do their thing.
Rinse thoroughly or wash off with a warm damp cloth.
- Apply Regenerating Face Wash to wet hands and massage onto face and neck in a circular motion, this time work the product in more deeply, paying particular attention to your nose, chin area and hairline. Use the softer terry side of your dual cloth, again with hand hot water to thoroughly remove the cleanser.
- Once your skin is completely clear of product, rinse out your cloth under warm water (be careful it’s not too hot!) and hold it flat to your face for 5 to 10 seconds for a mini facial. This stimulates the circulation and lymphatic system and feels pretty darn relaxing to boot, repeat as many times as you feel you need to – we could do this all day.
Here at BB we like to do our Double Cleanse before we head to bed and follow up with our usual skincare routine which is now able to work it’s magic directly on your skin, without having to deal with any of that day’s impurities being left behind.
Rose and Cupuaçu Enzyme Cleanser
Our newest product at Baie Botanique - a gentle rose based enzyme cleansing milk formulated for make-up removal and gentle cleansing, especially around the sensitive eye area.
Cupuaçu butter melts away dirt and debris whilst its renowned moisturising properties in combination with rosehip seed oil smooth and soften, restoring the skins natural humidity and elasticity.
Pomegranate enzymes act as mild exfoliant to deeply cleanse and bring fresh new cells to the skins surface. Firmness and hydration levels are further boosted by the intuitive blend of Reishi and Shiitake enzymes. Daily use leaves the skin soft, refreshed and comfortable
Rose Renew Regenerating Face Wash
Our original gel cleanser is a firm customer favourite and has just won Best Cleanser in Top Santé’s 2019 Skincare Awards.
A rose enriched organic and natural face wash gel, our regenerating face wash is formulated with MSM and Green Tea to brighten and revitalise the skin, leaving it softened and refreshed. Vitamin C is a potent anti-oxidant which helps repair damaged skin cells and protects the skin against UV sun damage.
Save £6 on individual prices with our Double Cleanse Duo
SHOP CLEANSERS >